Work with the world's largest detailed alpine ski racing dataset
Protern.io has collected the world’s largest detailed alpine ski racing dataset and we are looking for a data scientist to leverage this asset using machine learning and statistical approaches.
Your technical knowledge, paired with Protern.io’s stable of alpine skiing experts, will result in advancing the knowledge and overall performance of alpine ski racing. This will ultimately benefit athletes from U12 to the Olympic level around the world.
Read more about the job below and apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transformation of data sets into meaningful conclusions & recommendations
- Develop innovative solutions using machine learning and statistical approaches
- Design and deploy the models to real-time APIs
- Maintenance of expanding set of machine learning tools, frameworks & approaches
- Communicate actionable recommendations based on insights/model results
Who You Are
- An educational background in computer science or engineering, math, statistics, physics, or a related field.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in building Machine Learning models for business applications. Masters or PhD degree with demonstrated work in Machine Learning can be counted towards experience.
- 2+ years of programming experience in Python with a good grasp of software engineering standard methodologies such as code-reusability, modularity, use of reports, etc.
- Proficiency with SQL, Docker and AWS is an asset.
- An appetite for problem-solving with a creative and resourceful approach to finding the right solution for the job.
- Conceptual understanding in a data-driven software engineering environment and how to leverage data to make business decisions.
- A track record in building and maintaining high-quality, robust and maintainable code.
- Experience in consuming and building APIs is a bonus.
- A high level of comfort using Git.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Our Core Technologies
- Analysis: Python, SciPy, NumPy
- Backend: Scala, PostgreSQL
- Deployment/Infrastructure: Docker, Jenkins, AWS
- Frontend: Angular
- Experience in Angular and/or Scala
- Agile workflow experience
- Experience in the sport performance space
- A strong passion for endurance and/or gravity sport
- Previous experience scaling in a startup environment
What We Offer
- Option for a 4-day work week
- Work from anywhere – we’re remote-first, or you can work with our Whitehorse or Calgary based teams
- Get in on the ground-floor to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Protern has in the world of sport!
- Work in a small team and a culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! we believe in our employees’ skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility.
How to Apply
Make sure to read the requirements above and send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.